May 15, 2010

Breaking Out of Cheesy-ness

So my dad said that my first post was "cheesy".

I find this ironic and conflicting. Mainly due to the fact that my Clinton School classmates relentlessly tease me about not being cheesy enough or "chumbaya" enough or touchy feely enough. (I apologize for my lack of hugs and limited emotional displays and my pragmatism/realism. Ryan Olson, if you are reading this, I love you dearly.)

So classmates, the man who raised me called me cheesy. I just wanted to point this out to you so that you have a better understanding of where I am coming from.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I totally understand what you mean in that last sentence. To our Clinton School colleagues, we are harshly pragmatic nay-sayers. To those we grew up with, we are naively idealistic do-gooders. I tend to think that keeping all of them a little on-edge and uncomfortable is a sign that we're right about where we should be :)

    -Nathanial

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I recall correctly, I said I didn't believe your posting was "cheesy". Must have been your other dad you were talking about.

    Don't get to used to business/1st class!

    ReplyDelete