May 28, 2010

I have internet!

Being in Africa has definitely highlighted my dependency on the internet and my blackberry. In the states it truly serves as more than a calendar, directions, and communication, but also provides a sense of security.

But since I have arrived at APP's headquarters in Kampala, Uganda, I have stable and hopefully dependable internet. I am free to google and email as I please. Another perk to having internet is I am now able to share pictures with you from the last week.


I stalked this little boy in Hyde Park. He was the cutest thing, ever. He had a thick British accent and was adorned in the most stereotypical British outfit one could imagine. He was also playing hid and go seek with his friend who was not on roller skates and thought it was quite funny to hop fences and hide in places the other boy on roller skates could not get to. I could not help but giggle. This event made me think of Judy and how tickled she would have been by the two youngsters.



Did I mention we saw giraffes? While in Kenya, we stayed on a beautiful piece of land about 2 hours outside of Nairobi. The land serves many purposes and is the largest piece of land privately owned in Kenya. The most interesting fact about the land is that it is home to 10% of the remaining giraffes in the world! I will be returning to this estate and staying for two weeks at the Research Center there. For those of you concerned I would be living in a hut with no electricity this is the bed I slept in during our visit this past week...

3 comments:

  1. hee hee. I would definitely have loved to see the hide and go seek in person. Wish I could have been there!

    and. nice bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice bed! And you go, Blackberry Girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ living in a hut:-)
    I'm glad you all are blogging its amazing seeing someone's view of my country and their experience. Enjoy Uganda and your 2 weeks back in Kenya

    ReplyDelete